What is a Nurse Practitioner?
- unique health care providers as registered nurses with graduate education
- have the legislated authority to autonomously complete
- comprehensive health assessments
- order, conduct & interpret diagnostic tests
- diagnose health conditions
- prescribe medications (including controlled drugs and substances)
- arrange referrals to specialists (when applicable)
- provide treatments (e.g. medications & minor procedures)
- manage chronic disease
- screen for early disease detection
- offer healthy lifestyle coaching
- advocate for socioeconomic resources
A NP partners with patients to provide effective quality care by uniquely blending biopsychosocial wellness and nursing.
Other information located at: https://cna-aiic.ca/professional-development/advanced-nursing-practice/nurse-practitioners