- Discuss the characteristics, cost and availability of the various types of intrauterine devices available on the Canadian market today.
- Explain appropriate indication(s) for each type of IUD, including patient factors to explore before recommending an IUD.
- Implement appropriate patient counselling regarding potential complications of IUD insertion and side effects.
- Demonstrate appropriate IUD insertion technique, including strategies for managing difficult insertions.
Registrants must complete the following required documentation:
- Needs Assessment
- Session Evaluation
- MainPro+ Post-reflective Activity
These documents will be sent to registrants via email or handed out during the event.
Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Other Health Professions: $200.00