Nurse practitioners are unique health care providers as registered nurses with graduate education.
Nurse Practitioners practice includes the legal authority to autonomously complete:
• comprehensive health assessments
• order, conduct & interpret diagnostic tests (e.g. lab, Xray, CT, & MRI)
• diagnose health conditions
• prescribe medications (e.g. controlled drugs, medical aesthetics, medical assistance in dying, vaccines)
• arrange referrals to specialists (when applicable)
• provide treatments (e.g. medications & minor procedures)
• manage chronic disease
• screen for early disease detection
• offer healthy lifestyle coaching
• advocate for socioeconomic resources
NPAM is a group who endeavours to educate students, the public, nurses, regulators, unions, employers, and legislators about nurse practitioners to ensure the delivery of safe quality patient care.