**note: This is early registration for a 2023 NPAM Membership effective January 1, 2023 - December 31, 2023
If you are wanting to register for 2022 to get the member pricing for the NPAM Conference, click here**
New for 2023 Association Renewal:
- CNPS has ceased block membership with other associations to no longer offering cost savings
- You can renew or purchase your CNPS insurance via a this direct link: CNPS Liability Protection. NPAM also highly recommends purchasing the additional Supplementary Protection Program through CNPS, given the recent increase in NP reviews with CRNM.
- NPAM renewal and registration opens October 1st with a reduced fee if you register by December 31, 2022.
NPAM membership is important
- NPAM is incorporated and operated by active practicing NPs
- NPAM directly collaborates with NPs/NP students, nurse employers, the Manitoba Nurses Union, legislators, nurse regulators, the public, and post-secondary education institutes to address strategic health advice or priority policy
- NPAM membership supports the advancement of NPs in Manitoba.
- NP numbers count! A membership provides evidence for a strong message that NPs support NPs for stakeholders who always inquire as to how many members NPAM has
- NPAM cannot effectively negotiate on behalf of NPs if we do not represent all NPs in Manitoba.
Don’t let other associations speak on behalf of NPs!
NPAM is the only association in Manitoba that addresses NP issues to support and advance the professional interests of NPs.
NPAM has recently led or a been a source to inform:
- Regular Meetings with Stakeholders: Minister of Health, MNU, CRNM, ARNM
- Feedback on CRNM practice direction for self-employed nurses
- Lead for the Public Health Agency of Canada Vaccine Education program with 11 collaborating Manitoba health professions partners
- MNU contract consideration and reclassification
- CRNM board of directors governance changes, NP Opioid prescribing monitoring considerations, practice expectations & directions affecting NPs
- Federal Minister of Health and Deputy Minister of Health Roundtable to address the challenges family health services
- Provincial Ministry of Health COVID-19 and NP role consultation
- Manitoba PC Caucus Altru Agreement
- Shared Health surgery wait time panel, innovative models of care
- Canada Health Infoway PrescribeIT® Policy & Priorities Table
- Self-employed nurses’ policies and procedures draft (in compliance with CRNM)
- Allergan acceptance of NPs to hold an account to order pharmaceuticals
- Healthcare Excellence Canada & Canada Health Infoway policy working group developing virtual care in primary care guideline
- Remains solely responsible to inform the public on the role of the NP in MB
2023 Membership Fees - reduced rate until December 31, 2022
Other Member Benefits of NPAM:
- Mums Guidelines online access (full orange-series)
- RxFiles annual bulk order savings (Aug. 2023)
- Access to a private NP group and regional networking chat on Discord
- Annual conference with member discount pricing
- Awesome AGM, conference, and registration renewal event prizes
- Monthly newsletters with need-to-know information, that you will not obtain elsewhere
- Free education events
- NP specialty communication (e.g. students, job postings, MNU, general discussion & more)
- Annual student scholarship funds and exam study resources
- Tentative: working on securing Telus Health MyCare (unlimited 24/7 access to a range of healthcare providers for NPAM members)
An NPAM membership works out to $5/month to educate the public and stakeholders on the important role that NPs play in Manitoba’s healthcare system – your membership support helps to advance the Manitoba NP role.
2023 NPAM registration and renewal will open on October 1st, 2022!